I'll go with thee to the lane's end... I am a kind of burr, I shall stick. Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

I write not to teach but to learn. Rebecca West

drew's writing:

  • "Always Forever Now," Ideomancer volume 13, issue 2
  • "Black Sun," Black Static # 32
  • "Bread or Cake" and "Pride/Shame,"2nd Annual Philadelphia One-Minute Play Festival
  • "Copper Heart," Polluto Magazine issue 5, A Steampunk Orange
  • "The Accomplished Birder's Guide to Overcoming Rejection," Last Drink Bird Head, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer
  • "Another Night With the Henriksens," Player's Theater Halloween One-Act Festival NYC 2008
  • "Hating the Lovers," and "Pipe Down!" Geez Magazine: Thirty Sermons You Would Never Hear in Church
  • "Beth/slash/Nathan," Paper Fruit Blogiversary Contest

Saturday, November 28, 2009

keep your head

I had a terrific temporary job that ended recently. It required me to run around a carefully guarded black train car at night under black light. The job also involved zombies. When asked, my two favorite zombies were:

  • The Giggle Man, so called for his demented laugh of glee, which sounded like pan-pipes played by a psychotic faun.
  • A woman in a tattered ballgown who could menace people in English or Spanish. The Jackie O of zombies.

My role in all this mayhem was a modest one. Here are some shots from the closing party, which had an Alice in Wonderland theme (for my department).



I am the White Rabbit. See my ears? I am flanked by the Mad Hatter and the Dormouse. The Dormouse got me reading M.R. James ghost stories. Most of my pix from that night did not come out. Here we are again.



We went to Tritone after the party and when people asked told them we worked for an Alice in Wonderland themed male strip club. That is not even close to true, but funny.

Here's the watch I made for the White Rabbit:



Keep your head!

No comments: