I'll go with thee to the lane's end... I am a kind of burr, I shall stick. Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

I write not to teach but to learn. Rebecca West

drew's writing:

  • "Always Forever Now," Ideomancer volume 13, issue 2
  • "Black Sun," Black Static # 32
  • "Bread or Cake" and "Pride/Shame,"2nd Annual Philadelphia One-Minute Play Festival
  • "Copper Heart," Polluto Magazine issue 5, A Steampunk Orange
  • "The Accomplished Birder's Guide to Overcoming Rejection," Last Drink Bird Head, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer
  • "Another Night With the Henriksens," Player's Theater Halloween One-Act Festival NYC 2008
  • "Hating the Lovers," and "Pipe Down!" Geez Magazine: Thirty Sermons You Would Never Hear in Church
  • "Beth/slash/Nathan," Paper Fruit Blogiversary Contest

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Terry Pratchett

When I was a teacher at the natural science museum, one of the guys who ran Dinosaur Hall gave me Wyrd Sisters. "You would like this," he said. I thought it was glib. Then I noticed the terrific humor.  And the gift for drawing characters. And the wisdom--I wasn't expecting wisdom from a book with such a goofy, shiny cover. But you can't judge a book by its cover, as they say. Similarly, Terry Pratchett looked like a kindly, likeable, and quite handsome older fellow. But if we could see each other's souls, you would have seen a tidal wave of wisdom.  

In Hat Full of Sky, it's Miss Level I think who tells Tiffany, "There's no way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do."

There's nothing more to say, beyond those two sentences. About anything. 

No comments: