Yesterday the AP recieved official documents which state that the doctors performing the autopsy on Pat Tillman suspected that he was shot from within ten yards away. The documents also show that no evidence was found at the scene of Tillman's death to support the "friendly fire" explanation.
Tillman was a professional football player who gave up his career to fight in Afghanistan. He died in 2004, one month after the Abu Ghraib scandal broke. The military covered up the circumstances around Tillman's death until weeks after his memorial service. His Silver Star citation was a fiction that stated that he had died in a battle against enemy forces. The Army knew at the time that this battle had never taken place.
Tillman is one of the more fascinating characters of the War on Terror era. By the time of his death, Tillman had become disillusioned and highly critical of the war in Iraq. He urged a fellow soldier to vote for Kerry and described the Iraq War as illegal. He had gotten in touch with Noam Chomsky and made plans to visit him. Here's an article by Pat Tillman's brother Kevin that is really worth reading.
I'll go with thee to the lane's end... I am a kind of burr, I shall stick. Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
I write not to teach but to learn. Rebecca West
- "Always Forever Now," Ideomancer volume 13, issue 2
- "Black Sun," Black Static # 32
- "Bread or Cake" and "Pride/Shame,"2nd Annual Philadelphia One-Minute Play Festival
- "Copper Heart," Polluto Magazine issue 5, A Steampunk Orange
- "The Accomplished Birder's Guide to Overcoming Rejection," Last Drink Bird Head, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer
- "Another Night With the Henriksens," Player's Theater Halloween One-Act Festival NYC 2008
- "Hating the Lovers," and "Pipe Down!" Geez Magazine: Thirty Sermons You Would Never Hear in Church
- "Beth/slash/Nathan," Paper Fruit Blogiversary Contest
- karen joy fowler
- jerome stueart
- gregory frost
- george macdonald
- hal duncan
- shweta narayan
- cory doctorow
- desirina boskovich
- picture books review
- helen mallon
- open up, flower!
- ben francisco
- daniel gracely
- justin whitney
- kater cheek's art
- keyan bowes
- ecstatic days
- glass maze
- paper fruit
conservation and ecology
grow your own
- ► 2011 (25)
- ► 2010 (32)
- giant justin with tiny keyan and shweta
- Pat Tillman, new information
- shaman optometrist fights age, recalls scouting da...
- Caravaggio painting; Goethe quote
- Ultimate Question, Nietzsche Family Circus, distur...
- San Diego Mormon Temple
- Tintin, and Moorcock's open source character
- Rossetti's Mnemosene and my favorite Yeats poem.
- Jim Boggia cover of "Somebody to Love"
- niki de saint phalle dragon and my birthday
- Beck - Nobody's Fault But My Own
- UC Men's Octet - Bohemian Rhapsody
- ▼ July (12)